If you’re planning a trip to Toronto this spring, be sure to pack your itinerary with plenty of fun adventures! Spring is a wonderful time to visit the city. Wondering what to do while you’re there? Try a few of these top ten Toronto activities!
1. Take a walking tour. Whether you’re a visitor or a local, a walking tour of the city is a fun way to get to know the streets from a pedestrian’s view. There are many tours to choose from! You can take a basic downtown tour, explore old town, or indulge your inner foodie on a food tour. You can even get a graffiti tour or a haunted tour!
2. Check out the cherry blossoms. Cherry blossoms mean that spring has arrived in Toronto! Cherry blossoms are expected to peak at the end of April. Mark your calendar and make the trip! It’s more than worth it. Where can you see the trees? Go to High Park, Centre Island, or Centennial Park.
3. Revel in Canadian Music Week. This May, check out Canadian Music Week! This ten-day event attracts 3,000 performers, as well as many fans looking forward to a week of live performances and fun.
4. Visit a farmer’s market. Toronto boasts several farmer’s markets, and you’ll want to catch them all while you’re there. Enjoy the warm weather, as well as fresh Ontario produce and unique handmade items. There are farmer’s markets for every day of the week, all over the Toronto area. Some of the most popular include St. Lawrence Market and Dufferin Grove Farmer’s Market.
5. Go to a Jays game. Cheer on one of Ontario’s favourite pro sports teams! Head to downtown Toronto, where you’ll find a sea of blue apparel on every game day. Jump into the energy of the Blue Jays’ fan-base when you attend one of the first games of the season! Don’t forget the hotdog and popcorn.
6. Enjoy the Spring Flower Show. Love landscaping and flowers? Check out North America’s biggest Home and Garden event! The artistic flower displays are something out of a fairy tale or a movie set. Not only does it look beautiful, but it smells absolutely intoxicating.
7. Visit the Toronto Zoo. Visiting Toronto soon? You’re in luck! The Toronto Zoo is the best zoo in all of Canada. Bring your kids (or your spouse, or your travel buddies) and enjoy viewing animals both domestic and exotic. Not only can you see the pandas and their animal friends, but you can also take a tour, enjoy a zoo experience, or let your kids play on Splash Island.
8. Take a vineyard tour. Toronto is located in Ontario’s Niagara region, one of the best wine-growing regions on the continent. Some of the tours leave from Toronto and usually open during mid-spring. Visit the many beautiful vineyards to sample local wines in the fresh spring air.
9. Go for a hike. Spring’s warm weather means that snowshoeing gives way to hiking! Lace up your hiking boots, because the Toronto area has plenty of fantastic trails. Looking for a wilderness getaway? Head to Rattlesnake Point, Dundas Peak, or the Bruce Trail.
10. Explore Toronto Islands. If you’ve ever climbed the CN Tower, you might remember seeing this green archipelago that runs along Toronto’s shoreline. Each island has something different to offer, so why not plan a day around exploring? Some islands are forested, while others feature high-end yacht clubs.