This ultimate comfort food gets even better with this creamy cheesy recipe. You want to be sure that you have a few people to share it with, because you will eat it all otherwise.
– Prep 10 min
– Cook 50 min
– Ready in one hour
– 1 box (8 oz) of your favorite pasta. (Fusilli is a great choice to make sure that the cheesy goodness really sticks to the noodles, but traditional elbow noodles work too)
– 1 container of creamy cottage cheese (500ml)
– Half a container of rich and creamy sour cream (250ml)
– 2.5 cups grated sharp cheddar
– Nonstick spray – (Butter flavour is the best)
– ¼ teaspoon of salt
– ½ tablespoon of paprika
– 2 tablespoons of green onion
– 1 egg
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Cook your pasta per the instruction – make al dente.
In a bowl – for less clean up I use the pan I plan to bake in (a 2 quart casserole dish works perfectly), spray the pan with the non-stick cooking spray, lightly beat the egg, then combine cottage cheese, sour cream, 2 cups of the grated cheddar, and salt. Fold in pasta once it’s cooked and rinsed.
Top with the paprika and bake covered for 30 mins.Add green onions and remaining half a cup of cheddar cheese to the top and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
This is for sure going to a family favourite! Don’t forget to include CanadaStays on your guest list. Bundle up this year and try a cottage rental in Haliburton, cabin rentals in Banff, or even try renting a chalet in Collingwood while you enjoy this cheesy delight!