If you are looking for the perfect family friendly meal, where you can get the kids involved in cooking, kabobs are the way to go.
• 2 chicken breast boneless skinless, cut into one inch cubes
• 1.5lbs of stewing beef (I use stewing beef because its already cut into one inch cubes)
• 2 green peppers cut into one inch cubes
• 1 large spanish onion cut into one inch cubes
• 8oz package of cremini mushrooms. Stems removed
• 1 halloumi cheese – We recommend: the herb and garlic flavoured one
• 8oz package of grape or cherry tomatoes
• 2 zucchini’s yellow or green, sliced 1/2inch thick
For the marinade, you will need:
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, pressed
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Once you have all your ingredients chopped and ready, you will need about 3 skewers per person. Thread the ingredients on the skewer in any order you prefer. Place them onto a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wisk together in a bowl all the ingredients for the marinade. Bush over the skewers generously. Place in oven and roast unit tender (about 12 minutes). Brush once more with remaining marinade. Cook for 3-5 more minutes.
This is for sure going to a family favourite! Don’t forget to include CanadaStays on your guest list for dinner. Try a cottage rental in Huntsville, cabin rentals in Whistler, or even try renting a chalet in Mont Tremblant while you enjoy these delicious kabobs!