New Year’s resolutions are being written down. Bucket lists are being prepared. Does your list include finding new favourite places to travel and explore? Travel lists evolve every year. New destinations to explore and so little time. Here are five getaways to help relieve the stress of making your New Year’s travel lists:
1. Old Québec City. Nostalgia and ambiance combine with cobblestone streets and 17th century buildings. Bistros, tiny shops on narrow streets and sidewalk café’s will have you forgetting the stress of everyday life. Walk along the Old Port. Take a carriage ride past fortified walls and old cemeteries. Everywhere you look, history is alive.
Rent a chalet in Québec City, Quebec.
2. Tofino, located on Vancouver Island, is a haven for nature lovers. The swelling waves along the many beaches are frigid and daunting, as enticing as a siren’s song for surfers. Maybe you’d prefer to just stroll along the beach, looking for rejected relics from the sea. Snuggle into a cottage as winds rage and do some storm-watching in the winter.
Rent a cabin in Tofino, British Columbia
3. Whistler is an all-year destination. Hiking, skiing, snowboarding and golfing can be done in this little mountain town with big vacation appeal. Visit the epicenter of it all, Whistler/Blackcomb Ski Resort, to see what all of the talk is really about.
Rent a chalet in Whistler, British Columbia
4. Churchill, Manitoba is wild. Northern lights on frigid nights, quiet solitude and polar bear tours in tundra vehicles are part of the magical pull of this place. Beluga whale watching and birding are also popular here in the summer.
Rent a cottage in Manitoba
5. Visit Ontario to see Niagara Falls, vast agricultural fields and the Royal Canadian Mounties – all in one province. Huge cities, wildlife-filled national parks and the Great Lakes make for an entertaining vacation anytime of the year.
Rent a cottage in Niagara Falls
Come and explore what Canada has to offer to ring in the New Year.