Ontario has a surprising number of beaches, most of them located along the Great Lakes. These beaches are a fun and inexpensive way to spend family time in Ontario’s beautiful outdoors. If you’re looking for a fun getaway, check out these awesome Ontario beaches!
1. Cobourg Beach. Located in Cobourg on the shore of Lake Ontario, Cobourg Beach is a favourite Canadian beach. It has everything you could ask for: food concessions, a playground for the kids, a nice park next door, and even a bandshell for concerts in then park. Bonus: Bonus: Dogs are allowed!
Browse through cottages rentals in Prince Edward County.
2. Grand Bend Beach. Grand Bend’s namesake beach is a popular Lake Huron getaway. It’s great for watching the sunset, but there is also a boardwalk, walking paths, and shops on the strip. The water is nice, and the area is safe.
Browse through cottages rentals in Grand Bend.
3. Sauble Beach. Sauble Beach’s white sands crown Lake Huron in the town of Sauble Beach. This quiet getaway is family-oriented, with plenty of old-fashioned fun available. Watch the sunsets and enjoy frequent live entertainment. As a plus, parking is close to the water.
Browse through cottages rentals in Sauble Beach.
4. Port Stanley Beach. Port Stanley, a nice town on Lake Erie, has taken great pride in their local beach. It offers food on the beach, clean facilities, and a covered picnic area. Lifeguards patrol the beach, making sure nobody swims when the waves are too big. The sand is perfect for relaxing and there are rarely crowds.
Browse through cottages rentals in Port Stanley.
5. Sunset Point Park. Head to Collingwood for a beautiful day at the beach. This is a small beach located within the local park, next to the play area. Here, you can drive right up to the beach and enjoy one of the many walking trails. This beach is free.
Browse through cottages rentals in Collingwood.
6. Crystal Beach. Lake Erie’s community of Crystal Beach is a beautiful town located in a nice area. The beach is a perfect sunset spot, but it’s great all day; especially when the weather is clear. You can snorkel here to get a look at the bass who live in the shallow, warm water, or you can relax on the sand and enjoy live music.
Browse through cottages rentals in Port Colborne.
7. Cove Beach. Goderich’s beach is the perfect destination for a family outing. The water is shallow and there are lifeguards, making this a safe place to play. You can enjoy the gently rolling waves, play structures, and strolling paths along Lake Huron.
Browse through cottage rentals in Goderich.
8. Dunes Beach. The town of Picton is home to Ontario’s most unique beach. It features big dunes that make a day here quite an adventure. It also offers free parking, a restaurant, a play structure, and shallow water with lots of fish.
Browse through cottages rentals in Picton.
9. Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre. The most popular activity on this Brampton beach is canoeing, but it’s also good for picnicking, biking, and walking. It features a water slide, washroom and changing rooms.
Browse through cottages rentals in Brampton.
10. Lakeside Park Beach. St. Catharines is a beautiful town with a peaceful beach. Its old fashioned fun includes ice cream, a carousel for only five cents per ride, a playground, and volleyball nets.
Browse through cottages rentals in St.Catherine’s.