Fall is perhaps the most beautiful season in Canada! Before we know it, the trees will be bursting with flaming shades of red and orange. If you’re as excited about autumn as most, why not make a weekend trip out of fall colour watching? Escape into the wilderness this autumn for a glimpse of nature’s most brilliant show! Here are some of the best places to go.
1. Agawa Canyon. The reds and yellows of Agawa Canyon are best enjoyed in by rail! Take Algoma Central Railroad through the canyon – this is a relaxing way to enjoy the colours of nature as the autumnal scenes pass by your window.
2. Algonquin Provincial Park. Approximately 25 species of trees change colours in Algonquin Provincial Park! This produces an enormous variety of shades and colours, ranging from golden to deep purple.
3. Bruce Peninsula National Park. Take a hike through the rich colours of Bruce Peninsula National Park! Here, you’ll witness the brilliant contrast of flaming orange leaves against the deep blue of the lake’s water.
4. Butchart Gardens. It may surprise you to learn that Victoria, British Columbia is home to some of Canada’s most stunning fall colours! Visit the Japanese Garden in Butchart Gardens to see the blaze of fall colours alongside the purples and pinks of the garden flowers.
5. Cabot Trail. Cape Breton Island’s peak colour-watching time is October, when the most vibrant colors appear in the treetops. Visit in the second week of October and you’re sure to witness a fantastic display!
6. Fundy Coastal Drive. Rustic New Brunswick is even more picturesque with fall colours in its backdrop! If you’re taking a Thanksgiving weekend trip, this is one of the best places to go.
7. Lake Agnes. Banff National Park is a summertime wonderland, but its most magical season is autumn. Take the hike from Lake Louis to Lake Agnes for a chance to escape the crowds and see the incredible autumn wilderness in all its glory! This location has some of the best fall colours in western Canada.
8. Mont Tremblant. The view from Mont Tremblant is truly spectacular! Take the cable car to the top of the mountain – or hike, if you’re able – to see the breathtaking spread of fall colours below.
9. Muskoka. Red maples are the stars of the fall colours show in Muskoka, Ontario. Take a hike, ride your bike or simply gaze at the brilliant colours from your rental cottage’s front porch – there are many ways to enjoy autumn in Muskoka!
10. Niagara-on-the-Lake. Drive the highway along the Niagara River and you will enjoy beautiful views of the water and the trees. A stop at one of the lookout points is beautiful at any season, but fall offers an especially wonderful view of Ontario’s small town region!
No matter where you go, you are sure to see impressive fall colours throughout Canada! Whether you want to rent a cottage in Muskoka or explore western Canada and rent a cabin in Banff, make your trip exceptional when you stay in a vacation rental from CanadaStays. You’ll love watching the changing of the leaves as you curl up with a cup of hot cider on the porch of your vacation rental!